VP, Business Development
Must have significant expertise acquired over years of service as a business or sales professional and manager. This VP has strong leadership qualities, a demonstrated history of business success and excellent business acumen to complement communication skills.
The VP of Business Development will manage a team of sales professionals or other force within the company, overseeing the operations and development of proposal or agreements that help drive the company forward. As such, candidate must be acutely aware of market trends and any dynamics in the industry that might affect the day-to-day operations of the business. Participation in business conferences and meetings with vendors or suppliers with focus on revenue generation and profitability are essential.
Duties may extend to planning marketing strategies, financial planning, and employee recruitment and relations. Wherever there is opportunity to affect positive change or influence on the key success factors of the business, the vice president may have a role. This makes the scope of responsibilities very broad and hours at times very long.
* Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications
* Five years demonstrated business development/sales experience in Business Process Outsourcing or professional service, technology consulting business environment.
* Demonstrated success in overachieving Business/Sales Targets
* Understands the Customer Communications Lifecycle, specifically the underlying technologies, staffing support models and workflows
* Experience writing/reviewing sale proposals and business documents
* Experience in overseeing complex projects involving large, cross-functional teams
* Demonstrated expertise in driving through an RFP process
* Expertise in working in a Salesforce.com CRM solutions environment
* 50% travel may be required