Manages the prospecting and sales management efforts of an assigned In-Bound Global Corporatesportfolio through corporate banking referrals and self-sourced opportunities. Directly responsible for the solicitation of highly complex large corporate prospects, and the retention of highly profitable clients. Represents the Bank by joining the relationship team on client calls, or solo appointments, participating in industry/trade associations and events; developing relationships with major referral sources. Mentors sales team members on industry or specialty best practices and customized treasury requirements. Responsible for meeting and exceeding new business and portfolio growth plan composed of core treasury (PxV), liquidity, risk and qualitative metrics.
Business Development - 55%
- Directly generates new business through outside sales which are referred or self-sourced.
- Responsible for client acquisition and cross selling bank products and services, including sourcing credit referrals.
- Analyzes complex treasury services proposals and pricing models; evaluates the result of recommended pricing on overall account profitability.
- Increase the Bank's market share through outside direct selling and cross-sales.
- Perform detailed sales tracking using approved sales tracking system.
- Directly responsible to participate in a structured client account retention program.
Account Management - 25%
- Directly responsible to manage the most complex client relationships to increase portfolio revenues.
- Recommends exception pricing to Industry Manager for approval.
- Drives profitability through direct and cross-sales of bank products and services.
- Establish professional relationships with key entity principles to increase share of wallet.
- Monitor and update company profiles maintained in CRM to ensure adequate recordkeeping of bank relationships.
- Work with Product Management to develop new treasury product solutions based on client specific business needs and conventional treasury industry practice.
- Work with Customer Service Unit personnel to ensure clients receive superior operational support.
Risk Management - 20%
- Ensure adherence to all bank policies relative to Regulatory Compliance such as the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act and Regulations Q & X (RESPA). Certification that all related forms such as Customer Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Customers (KYC), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS), Currency and Transaction Reporting (CTR), etc. and verify related tasks are completed within assigned time periods.
- Actively participate in any required corporate and business line Compliance Training.
- Follow account opening procedures and understand and follow internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
- Actively work with clients to understand each client's normal account activity, as appropriate.
- Typically requires a degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A., B.S.).
- Minimum 5 years of sales and relationship management experience.
- Good working knowledge of advanced outside sales and marketing techniques, Bank lending policies and practices, Bank operations and services, Federal and State banking regulations, working capital solutions, and advanced knowledge of the Bank's income and cost structure used to measure profitability.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) accreditation a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of treasury management concepts and principles as related to large corporate buying behaviors products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include selling of Bank services, negotiating and closing sales opportunities, and coordinating with others throughout the Bank; preparing and delivering professional grade presentations.
- Proficient in multiple standard business software applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 20-40% train, auto and/or plane travel expected; locally and regionally to business meetings, conferences and events.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified