Manages the operating and order processing activities of a Logistics Center at the lowest feasible cost while meeting Company cycle time/order replenishment objectives and providing an acceptable return on Company investments.
Manages the planning, coordination and operation of all order and stock handling activities to receive, process, fill, ship and deliver both retail and Direct merchandise in an accurate, cost-effective, and timely manner.
1. Communicates and coordinates with all other staff members to ensure uniform understanding and implementation of Logistics objectives.
2. Provides leadership in planning for the receipt, storage and physical control of up to $1.3 billion of merchandise at cost.
3. Directs the Team on activities and processes that enable our strategy of CustomerFirst Service ensuring that merchandise is delivered to customers accurately and on time, the first time.
4. Ensures quality of service provided by the operating areas in terms of expense, service, accuracy, asset protection, and safety; redirects efforts accordingly.
5. Leads the center by engaging and supporting Associates by providing direction, coaching and feedback, and recognition, while efficiently and effectively supporting customers.
6. Manages and coordinates Company training programs for all operational exempt and non-exempt Associates as necessary to support Logistics Center objectives.
7. Integrates the objectives and efforts of operations with those of Data Processing and all support departments to ensure overall efficiency within the Logistics Center.
8. Operates in capacity of Center Manager in his/her absence and makes decisions accordingly.
2. Coordinates with Supply Chain Support, Data Processing, Controller, Human Resources, Transportation, and Loss Prevention to ensure uniformity and adherence to Company policy and procedures.
Communicates with Supply Chain management on problem order resolution.
Interacts with external transportation companies to ensure service commitment standards are met.
Education: College degreepreferred, business or operations major desired; or equivalent related experience. Experience: 12 – 15 years' experience in logistics operations, including several assignments at major department level.
Job ID: 1080286