At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
The Senior Manager will lead a team of 6 to 10 technology professionals, both full-time associates and contractors. This position will be responsible for team development (including a global team) that delivers mobile applications to our stores while working cross-functionally with business partners, other technology teams, architects, vendors, and third-party resources.
- Provide leadership for the Stores portfolio to deliver mobile solutions to our business, leveraging an agile/iterative methodology.
- Partner with product owners to identify and prioritize projects and scope within projects.
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to a diverse team of technology associates, contractors and consultants.
- Develop associates through goal setting, ongoing performance feedback, training and development plans, career path discussions and identification of project assignments to further develop skill sets.
- Engage and partner with other technology teams and third-party vendors as needed for successful project deliveries.
- Participate in resource planning and manage project budgeting and forecasting across the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain the mobile roadmap, incorporating both business and technology trends.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on software development. Agile/Iterative methodology is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership managing a diverse team of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated and self-directing individual who has prior experience in application development and is familiar with mobile technologies.
- High level understanding of technologies in a store environment (e.g., POS, RFID & Omni channel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication across multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Able to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- Good organization skills, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of this role.
- Experience working in a collaborative, global team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline is required