Deputy Chief Credit Officer
11 - 15 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Establishes and maintains profitable, quality loan and deposit relationships to businesses and professionals in accordance with Bank policy. Obtains appointments with prospects, evaluates the financial needs of the prospects and clients, obtains Bank approval to provide recommended products and services to specific prospects and clients, and coordinates tasks associated with assigned groups of business customers. Provides exemplary service to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Develops new depository and commercial loan relationships and enhances existing customer relationships.
* Makes quality prospect calls and customer retention calls each month to middle-market companies in the local service area.
* Obtains necessary information for preliminary underwriting purposes.
* Develops new business and referral sources.
* Manages the credit analysis process related to new loan requests, enhancements and renewals through the service provided by
the Portfolio Bankers.
* Monitors and manages the quality and profitability of assigned relationships.
* Obtains Bank approval of products and services to be provided to prospective clients.
* Ensures that credit memos convey a thorough understanding of the creditworthiness of the applicant and the primary and
secondary source of loan repayment and that credit terms and conditions are structured in a manner that adheres to sound
lending practices and minimizes the risk to the Bank while meeting each customer's credit requirements.
* Follows-up on annual credit line expirations and renewals as appropriate.
* minimum 10years of middle-market commercial lending experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Excellent Credit skills (spreading of financials)
Bachelor* s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university