This position is responsible for the care and maintenance of all assets at the Mattoon manufacturing and warehousing location including building and infrastructure, as well as production equipment.
- Manage operational maintenance functions, emphasizing safety, quality, efficiencies and yields. Primary aim should be elimination of waste associated with downtime.
- Utilize CMMS and Total Productive Maintenance Techniques to identify reliability opportunities in the manufacturing facility.
- Align maintenance department activities with the Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Metrics cascaded from the Corporate Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with the Production and Continuous Improvement teams to actively drive programs and education to advance the predictive maintenance agenda ensuring quarterly measurable gap closures.
- Responsible to ensure all new assets are capitalized on schedule and maintenance programs are developed for the equipment. Ensure the maintenance team acquires or develops necessary skillsets to prevent premature equipment failure.
- Promote professional development of the maintenance team through effective leadership and strict adherence to standards. Conduct performance appraisal and remediation necessary to ensure continuous personal growth of associates.
- Promote a culture of Trust, Candor, and Ownership causing actionable business results and a positive work place. Lead the journey to a High Performing Work Team.
- Prepare and manage maintenance controllable expense budget, including: repair materials, outside services, utilities, and repair labor.
- Interpret downtime, MTTR, and MTBF data from a production efficiency management database application such as CDC Factory software.
- Fully implement and maintain SQF 2000 Certified System requirements, including training verification, within area of responsibility.
This is a leadership position and the successful manager will arrive with a proven methodology and appreciation for team based success. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering or related discipline, required.
- Masters degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of maintenance supervisory experience, required.
- Minimum of 5 year of related maintenance experience, LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma certifications preferred.
- Demonstrable proficiency in facilities maintenance including: boiler care, waste water treatment, and electricaldistribution.
- Experience working with capital and controllable expense budgets, required.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experience facilitating continuous improvement processes in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning, etc. to identify opportunity areas.
- Strong grasp of Reliability Centered Maintenance practices
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Project Manager, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.