District Asset Protection Manager - Atlanta, GA
J. C. Penney Company, Inc., one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether shopping jcp.com or visiting one of our store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico, customers will discover a broad assortment of products from a leading portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Supporting this value proposition is the warrior spirit of over 100,000 JCPenney associates worldwide, who are focused on the Company's three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class omnichannelretailer and increasing revenue per customer.
As the District Asset Protection Manager you will lead administration of Asset Protection programs and training for an assigned district in order to drive sales, profits, and a customer service culture.
• Shrinkage and Safety-
o Oversees Asset Protection Programs by providing leadership and guidance to Asset Protection teams and General Managers on methods to successfully execute programs in stores
o Reviews operational execution of the shrink and safety program, physical security standards, Sephora & Fine Jewelry operations, operational processes that impact shrink, and compliance of company policies
o Reviews Asset Protection metrics for unfavorable trends and ensures appropriate actions are in place to prevent losses by assessing in-store actions and results
o Reviews Shrinkage Action Plans to ensure plans are impactful, actionable and executable
o Ensures timely investigation of all issues of safeness, theft and fraud impacting stores, customers and associates
o Supervises all internal investigations in assigned district, attends court hearings as required
o Reviews and approves all internal case reports
o Maintains relationship with local law enforcement
• Team Development-
o Communicates shrinkage awareness and shrinkage reduction strategies to Store and Asset Protection teams, and follows up to ensure stores are executing strategies
o Frequently conducts developmental conversations with direct reports
o Reviews Asset Protection Training reports to ensure training is completed for each Asset Protection associate
o Coaches the Asset Protection team in conducting surveillance, detaining and interviewing suspects
• Performance Standards-
o Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) shrinkage, cash loss, safety, productivity, metrics, sales & customer service culture, profit improvement and attendance
Skills & Experience
• Work Experience – 3-5 years relevant experience, ideally in a big-box retailer or in multi-unit specialty retail
• Education – Bachelordegree or equivalent work experience
• Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results; provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
• Strategic Vision – Identifies strategies and objectives; provides clear expectations and shares rationale behind decisions.
• Develops Talent – Builds a diverse and high performing team; provides feedback and stretch assignments to foster growth; empowers the team to make critical decisions; rewards and recognizes efforts and frequently discusses future opportunities and development plans.
• Practices Candor – An approachable and unguarded leader that shares honest and constructive feedback with team; sincere with communication.
Job ID: 1080370