Growing consumer products manufacturer is looking for a Controller. The controller directs and supervises all accounting and financial functions. The Corporate Controller will also be a key member of the team that creates and implements policies and procedures that are designed to identify, resolve and document accounting issues, in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Partner with executive management to build financial discipline throughout the organization that will help enable strong performance against strategic, financial, and operational goals
- Manage accounting operations, tax compliance, and financial reporting
- Direct the daily activities for GL, AP, commissions, payroll, and partner distributions
- Lead annual financialaudits and build strong auditor relationships
- Lead the tax compliance efforts and be the liaison with the Company's external tax preparers
- Partner internally to support operational programs
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform budget vs. actual analysis of operating results for the company and all operating entities at the center-level
- Work closely with center level personnel and individual partners to enhance visibility and clarity of operating results, and act as their liaison to corporate, when necessary
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions; drive process improvement at all levels of the Finance organization
- Lead the internal and external reporting efforts, including joint venture reporting, financial and operational reporting, and lender packages
- Partner internally to prepare materials for board meetings, investor presentations and industry trade shows
- Assist in the development of KPIs and assist in the development of a dashboard using the Company's BI tools
- Develop and implement effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data, and safeguarding of assets
- Assist with treasury management activities, including corporate banking, monthly bank account reconciliations, and movement of funds between entities
- Develop and maintain the Company's 13-week cash forecast
- Support corporate transactions including equity or debt financing and M&A activity
- Build and manage a high-performance team, and actively participate in building a culture that is customer-focused and team-oriented
- Provide leadership and direction to accounting staff; ensure all employees have relevant performance goals and ensure proper delegation of responsibilities and balance of workload amongst direct reports
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks, and other ad hoc tasks as requested by senior leadership
· The Corporate Controller will direct and supervise the Financial Analysts, the Accountants, the Payroll Specialists, and the Accounts Payable Specialists. The Controller will also direct and supervise any third-party companies and/or consultants that the CFO deems necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· BS Degree.
· 8+ years in progressively responsible roles.
· At least 3+ years experience in consumer products
* E-Commerce experience
· Experience in a high growth environment is preferred.
· Experience in a private equity backed company is preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including staff at remotelocations.
· Strong problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
· Desire to support all levels of the organization.
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
· Results driven.