This Controller is responsible for managing the financial record keeping, reporting and internal control structures across the organization. Responsible for putting into place process improvements and quality control initiatives across all aspects of the Accounting organization (team of 2). Will oversee the monthly close process including account analysis and reconciliations. The Controller will ensure that all financial statements and reports are compliant with US GAAP. Position will report to President of company with dotted line to CFO of parent company. (local candidates only)
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly reporting packages for the company including full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive explanations of differences, highlighting risks and opportunities evident in financial results.
- Serve as primary interface to internal and external audits (Financial and Tax)
- Develop, analyze and interpret other supplemental financial reports of the Company in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, cash flow, performance against budget and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Create, monitor and assure Company Accounting policies are compliant with GAAP and financial reporting requirements and regulations
- Review forecasts and provide proactive feedback based upon external and internal trends. Monitor, understand and communicate how macroeconomic environment and end-market dynamics impact the results of the business.
- Coordinate the Annual Plan, Reforecast and Long-range planning process
- Manage process to track and analyze results relating to the enterprise initiatives.
- Prepare benchmark analysis of key competitors
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and participate in operational projects to support Segment leadership.
- Prepare analysis and presentations in support of Board meetings and senior leadership meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Public Accounting/SEC Reporting Experience preferred
- Recent experience in a manufacturing environment
- 10+ years working in Accounting, with previous experience in a leadership role
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring Finance professionals
- Experience with ERP and Consolidation Software
- Ability to travel domestically and Internationally