Waste Connections, Inc. would like to hire an Assistant Landfill Manager with strong leadership qualities at our Plumbthicket Landfill located near Harper, KS. This landfill averages 1900/tons per day and the daily operations are handled by our Rock Star Operations team of 15 employees. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company!
- 3+ years previous supervisory experience in heavy construction, landfill operations, and/or environmental field services.
- Bachelors degreerequired
- Must be willing to relocate
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements as the majority of work will be conducted hands on in the field.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS US, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and we finished 2016 at 3.376 billion in revenue. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
LANDFILL ASSISTANT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Manages the day-to-day landfill operations and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
- Manages and leads fill sequence and site development.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes the Market’s strategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with discipline and retraining.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Landfill District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.