We are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the team at our Hauling Site in Miami, Florida.
- Ensures adherence to the corporate safety program.
- Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
- Coordinates the selling of commodities at the highest price possible.
- Ensure adequate training of mechanics, preventative maintenance mechanics and all other shop personnel.
- Ensure location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
- Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Coordinates and/or transports vehicles to outside service for repairs, as needed.
- Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
- Communicates regularly with the Region Maintenance Manager.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- Responsible for maintaining department’s costs within budget
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
- Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division and district objectives.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills and ability to achieve cost effective solutions.
- 7+ years maintenance experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Ability to train and motivate staff a must.
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Trade or Technical School Certificate preferred and equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification is required.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Waste industry experiencepreferred but not required .